2023 ENCORE SUMMER MUSIC CAMP
Thank you for registering for the 2023 Encore Summer Music Camp! Please note the payment will appear on your credit card statement as “PAYPAL *ENCORECOMMU.” To complete the registration process, please complete the online elective form and medical form .
- Carroll County: June 19 – 23, 2023, Winters Mill High School, 360 Gorsuch Rd, Westminster, MD 21157
- Howard County: June 26 – 30, 2023, Howard High School, 8700 Old Annapolis Rd, Ellicott City, MD 21043
MONDAY MORNING there will be a “check-in” table at the designated entrance where you simply give your name. Students will then be instructed where to go to prepare for the first full rehearsal. Check-in will run from 8:30am to 9:00am.
- Carroll County: Monday through Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm; Friday evening concert, 7:00pm
- Howard County: Monday through Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm; Friday evening concert, 7:00pm
Please be prompt when dropping off and picking up your children. There is no before or after care provided.
REQUIRED INFORMATION PRIOR TO CAMP:
- Elective Form – While at camp, students will have elective classes which will meet daily. In order to prepare for these classes, campers should fill out the online Elective Form prior to the first day of camp. All classes will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.
- Medical Form – Please fill out the online Medical Form prior to the first day of camp.
COMMUNICATION: I will be using www.remind.com to communicate with you via text. This is a fast, easy way to keep communication at its best during the camp week. It will only be used during the week of camp to keep you informed. I will be adding everyone to the camp group, so please accept a text invitation to be included. This is NOT a group text, it is simply a way for us to communicate quickly should the need arise.
CONCERT: On Friday, we will have an Elective Concert at 1:00pm where campers can share what they have learned in the elective classes. Parents are welcome to attend, but not required. We will dismiss camp following the Elective Concert and campers will return at 6:00pm. The Final Concert will begin promptly at 7:00pm. Attendance at this concert is MANDATORY as the Final Concert is the culmination of our teamwork all week. Concert dress will be camp t-shirts (which will be distributed on Friday) and shorts/pants. The camp will end at the conclusion of the evening concert.
DURING THE WEEK: We will also include outdoor recreation every day, so dress comfortably and apply sunscreen as needed.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Instrument and accessories (i.e., rosin, mutes, etc.)
- Labeled water bottle
- Lunch daily
I look forward to working with your child at camp! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions: email@example.com.
Mindy Niles, Camp Director